• Visitors are welcome to take photographs of the museum outside of the gated historic area.
• General photography is allowed on public tours as long as it does not disrupt the flow of the tour. No tripods or special flash equipment can be used on tours.
• Enthusiasts are encouraged to call the museum to make an appointment to take pictures if they are interested in using special equipment or taking more time to shoot a particular part of the site.
It’s easy to use portions of the Homestead Museum to take photographs of your special celebration. All you need to do is fill out an application and pay a small fee to reserve a convenient time.
How to schedule:
• You should schedule your photography at least one month in advance. (We suggest that you call the office to check availability before coming to the museum.)
• We are open for reservations and photography Monday through Friday beginning at 9:00 a.m., and Saturday and Sunday starting at 12:30 p.m. Sessions may be reserved for a maximum of two hours, depending on availability. All sessions must end by 5:00 p.m.
• You will need to fill out an application and select an available time for your photography session. While you may not be the only group on site on the day of your event, reservations are made at least 30 minutes apart to ensure that each group will have enough time to use the site.
• The cost is $65 per hour for groups up to 25 people, and $85 per hour for groups between 26 and 100 people. If you live or work in the City of Industry, the rate is $35 per hour (identification is required).
• Fees are payable at the time you make your reservation by cash, cashier’s check, or money order. Sorry, personal checks are not accepted.
• If you wish to cancel your photography session, you must let us know at least 24 hours in advance to receive a refund. Your fee may also be refunded due to poor weather.
Depending on staff availability, we offer portions of the site for commercial photography and film projects. Please call (626) 968-8492 for more information.
The site is not available for weddings, quinceañeras, and other large events. However, the Homestead is pleased to offer its picnic area for smaller gatherings such as birthday parties, baby showers, and family reunions. There is no charge for using this location, but reservations are required. Some restrictions include: group size limits (60 adults or 74 children), no loud music, no cooking with open flames, and no access to electricity. For more information or to check the availability of a date, please call (626) 968-8492.